Whenever people write about LinkedIn, they always focus on the accessible features of free LinkedIn and say that those are all you need. For most people, a free account will get great results but if you’re looking for differences between free LinkedIn and premium LinkedIn features, or you might think about whether the premium LinkedIn is worth getting a subscription. This article will describe some features you can get with a premium LinkedIn account. Please stay with us until the end of this article from “Twilinstok“.
One of the most active social platforms for business purposes is LinkedIn free. The most important policy for making it was that all people use it to build a better financial position. It has more than half a billion members all over the globe at the time of writing this article. LinkedIn free provides benefits for everyone at all levels of study or work. The unique advantage of this platform is that even with the free membership, you can quickly and easily find and connect with professionals and business people worldwide. Following up, we mention free features of LinkedIn that you can use to create your network and find potential clients.
Here are several features and benefits of using LinkedIn free:
- Build your professional identity
- Create and maintain an extensive professional network (new pipeline)
- Find and reconnect with old colleagues and classmates
- Make new friends and connections
- Make requests and provide recommendations
- Search for and view profiles of other LinkedIn members
- Receive unlimited InMail messages
- Save up to three searches and get notification alerts on those searches.
In the following, you become familiar with Premium LinkedIn features and figure out the differences between free LinkedIn and premium LinkedIn.
Previously, we introduced LinkedIn Free. Now, we explain Premium LinkedIn and the general features of premium LinkedIn plans in all versions to familiarize you with the difference between free LinkedIn and premium LinkedIn.
The premium LinkedIn has several versions, each of which suits a particular social group. It means you can utilize Premium LinkedIn learning if you are a student or learner or want to improve your knowledge. You can use Premium LinkedIn career to find a new job, part-time job and increase your revenue. You can benefit from the Premium LinkedIn business if you have a company or prefer to work with your brand. You always have to hire new staff and need new talent in your work. The excellent news is that Premium LinkedIn recruiter is designed for you and your group. It makes sure that you have access to numerous amounts of skillful workers to fill vacancies.
Premium LinkedIn has many features that can help you to achieve your goals. In the following, the most important of them will be pointed out, but you should know that in any version, you benefit from many particular embedded features to make your dream come true.
- InMail: Depending on the purchases premium LinkedIn purchases, you get credit to send InMail. For example, 5 is the lowest credit and it’s for Premium LinkedIn Career for job seekers. The highest number, 150, is for Premium LinkedIn Recruiter, and the rest of the plans are between these two.
- See who viewed your profile: This feature is the most popular Premium LinkedIn feature because it reveals the types of people and companies your profile and skillset are attracting, and often you identify your potential leads. Also, you can see this list over the last 90 days, but this number for free LinkedIn is only the last five people.
- Advanced Search Filters: Searching is easy. Narrowing down your options is challenging. Especially when you are confronted with unlimited search results, finding the right person among the possibilities cannot be easy. So, with advanced filters, you can find buyers or job candidates using specific criteria. For instance, you can find out their seniority at a company, job description, or other measures like location.
- Saved Notes on Profiles: This Premium LinkedIn feature can be incredibly flexible. In particular, you can mark someone’s profile with crucial information. The information is saved on the profile and helps you remember why you have paid attention to that person.
- Saved Accounts and Leads: Sometimes, you find someone but you’re not ready to offer them an opportunity just yet. Thus, Premium LinkedIn can keep track of these connections more carefully. This can involve following key decisionmaker, for example. You can save a company’s page and monitor it for job openings or personnel changes. This feature creates an opportunity for professionals to use.
- Saved Search Alerts: This is one of the best Premium LinkedIn features for recruiters. Because you can save a candidate search and get a notification when new people meet your criteria; If you’re searching to hire an accountant, you can set a search alert for that position. By saving a search, you do not need to constantly run the search and eliminate the same people over and over. In addition, it saves time and helps you find suitable candidates immediately.
- Email Integration: The integration is a valuable feature for salespersons and marketing professionals, and it allows you to see profile data for contacts in your email inbox.
As you have seen, there are many differences between free LinkedIn and premium LinkedIn. Some of these features have excellent value for different kinds of Premium users. It’s worth noting that you do not need to use all these features. You should utilize those that are useful for you, not all of them. Premium LinkedIn is an invaluable tool for most professionals looking for opportunities.
In the table below, you can look at the comparison table of LinkedIn versions to realize the differences between free LinkedIn and premium LinkedIn.
|Comparison Table||LinkedIn Free||Premium LinkedIn|
|InMail Credits||0||0||5||15||50||50 per person||Depends||30||150|
|Access to LinkedIn Learning||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Lead lists and Lead recommendations||No||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No|
Table 1- You can find many differences between free LinkedIn and premium LinkedIn.
I hope this comparison helps you decide which LinkedIn membership level will work best for you.
If none of the features above can convince you to buy Premium LinkedIn, you can try Premium LinkedIn for a month to see what you get. After that, you can decide to pay for a subscription or return to free LinkedIn.
Please be aware that if you use a 1-month free trial, LinkedIn will not allow you to repeat it or get any other free versions of Premium LinkedIn. Not for 12 months, at least.
LinkedIn is not very good at refunds. So, be careful to cancel the free Premium LinkedIn version in time. Otherwise, you will be charged after the free period ends. If, for any reason, you decide that Premium LinkedIn is not suitable for you, keep track of the date or set a reminder alert.
Suggested articles to read more!
- Best LinkedIn premium plans + comparison table [+]
- LinkedIn premium features for students (learning plan) [+]
- LinkedIn premium features for job seekers (career plan) [+]
- LinkedIn premium features for business owners [+]
- LinkedIn premium features for sellers – Sales Navigator Plan [+]
- LinkedIn premium for recruiters’ features + Recruiter Lite Plan [+]
- LinkedIn premium cost table and pricing plans [+]
LinkedIn tries to give back to the community, and various Premium LinkedIn free promotions are proof of that. You can use all features mentioned to improve your income and also realize the many differences between free LinkedIn and premium LinkedIn. Now it is time to think about the plan that works for you. We try to help you make the right decision.
For more information about LinkedIn and the features of this social network, we suggest that you click on Free LinkedIn Tutorial [+]. Also, if you have any questions about LinkedIn, you can ask them in our LinkedIn support center [+] in the form of a topic and wait for the answer of our experts.
We hope this article be valuable and practical to you; please share it with your friends and give us 5 stars.
Recourses used in writing this article: