TikTok banned countries! TikTok has launched in September 2016 and experienced a surge in popularity worldwide. In 150 countries, TikTok has over 1.5 billion active monthly users. Meanwhile, many social networks have made similar features to tackle the company’s dominance but couldn’t stand and failed. In that case, TikTok has caused controversies in many parts of the world. In addition, some countries have implemented a TikTok ban, while others have attempted to block it or introduced temporary restrictions. Now, you might arise in your mind some questions like:
- Where Is TikTok Currently Banned?
- In What Countries Is TikTok Banned?
- Which country can’t use TikTok?
Stay with us until the end of this article from Twilinstok to study all aspects of the banned and limitations of this app around the world.
The reasons for banning TikTok in the world
There are a variety of factors that can have an impact on the TikTok practice in different countries. Continuing, you get familiar with the most important of them.
- TikTok is one of the most popular platforms in the world. While there is close competition among numerous social media to attract users, TikTok has achieved the top of all of these. Also, it has gained the highest rank of active accounts worldwide. On the other hand, authorities across the globe in many countries have been concerned about users’ privacy as you might use the app in your daily work and transmit important information about your job or everyday life. One reason for the concern can is that the database of the app is located in China; based on this, Chinese authorities can misuse it. Nevertheless, all governors and authorities feel threatened about their national security. The most crucial factor that made countries worldwide order to ban TikTok is national security.
- The second factor that can ban TikTok in the world is pornography. The primary group of Tiktok users is the age range of 13 to 18. Thus, seeing all videos and pictures about this matter is unsuitable for this group and has a terrible effect on not only their healthy mind but also their social relationships. In that case, parents attempt to make obstacles between this inappropriate content and their children to save families. Based on this reason, governments focus on providing safe cyberspace. In this regard, sometimes, to achieve this level of safety in question, they have to forbid some apps, and one of the platforms that makes much controversy is TikTok. TikTok in many countries has been banned because of just this reason.
- The third factor that some authorities have mentioned is to promote crime and glorified of using drugs and weapons, especially among teenagers. All people know about the harmful effects of drugs and having weapons. In this regard, governments must take action against unsuitable content to save their societies. Finally, they decided to forbid causative factors like social networks. Tiktok is one of the platforms accused of these activities. As a result, some countries have banned TikTok to prevent children from accessing it.
The state of banning Tiktok in the world
There are two groups of countries:
First: Countries that temporarily banned TikTok in their regions.
- It is worth noting 27 European nations warn about banning TikTok.
Second: The countries have banned TikTok in their region.
- United States of America
- China !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😐
You may wonder why China is among the countries that have banned TikTok. In this regard, it is good to know that it is true that the headquarters of TikTok’s parent company (ByteDance) is located in Beijing, China, but this app is also banned in China, and Chinese citizens can use an app called “Douyin” as an alternative. It is worth mentioning that “Douyin” is a social network that is similar to TikTok, but it cannot be downloaded and used outside of China.
In this regard:
Final words about TikTok banned countries
Tiktok is the most controversial platform among all social networks for two reasons: Chinese origin and fast-growing popularity among American users. The first reason is that some countries worldwide do not tend to grow Chinese power. The second reason is that American social networks feared losing their situations in cyberspace, so they asked authorities to help. These two reasons might be the main points behind TikTok’s banning.
In this article, we tried to discuss all aspects of banning TikTok in the world. Twilinstok magazine attempt to present the best answer to your questions. We hope this essay was satisfying and that you support us with your comment.
For more information about TikTok and the features of this social network, we suggest that you click on Free TikTok Tutorial [+]. Also, if you have any questions about TikTok, you can ask them in our TikTok support forum [+] in the form of a topic and wait for the answer of our experts.
Please, if it has been helpful, give us five stars. Thanks for your time.
Recourses used in writing this article: