Posted In: Facebook help forum
- GuestRobert Mccormack OnNovember 6, 2023 at 7:13 pm #18841
- “Facebook image not showing when sharing URLs“
- “No thumbnail image when I share a link on Facebook“
When I share anything from my website onto my Facebook page I just get a blank white box with a blurred grey image and just my website name.
My developer says its Facebook issue and not his end causing the problem. I’m not sure if this is correct so looking for some input and help, if you can see any issues.
Any help would be much appreciated.
The issue you’re experiencing with Facebook not displaying images or thumbnails when you share links from your website can be a common problem. There are a few steps you can take to address this issue:
If you’ve checked these aspects and are still experiencing the problem, it might be worth revisiting this with your developer to ensure that the Open Graph tags are correctly implemented on your website. You can also consider reaching out to Facebook’s support for further assistance.
Check Open Graph Tags: Facebook relies on Open Graph meta tags in your website’s HTML to display images and metadata correctly. Ensure that your website includes these tags in the
<head>section of your HTML for each page you’re sharing. They should include information like the title, description, and image associated with the link. An example Open Graph tag for an image is:
<meta property=“og:image” content=“URL_OF_YOUR_IMAGE” />
- Clear the Facebook Cache: Sometimes, Facebook caches the information from a URL. If you’ve recently updated the images or metadata on your website, Facebook might still be displaying cached information. To clear the cache for a specific URL, you can use the Facebook Sharing Debugger tool (https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/). Enter the URL, and Facebook will fetch the updated information.
- Ensure Image Accessibility: Make sure the images you’re trying to share are accessible and publicly viewable. If they are behind any login screens or restricted access, Facebook may not be able to fetch them.
- Image Size and Resolution: Facebook has specific image size requirements. Ensure that your images meet these requirements. The recommended size for images in Open Graph tags is at least 1200 x 630 pixels.
- Test with Different Links: Try sharing links from other websites to see if the issue is specific to your website or affects all links. This can help determine if it’s indeed a problem on your side or a broader issue.
Test with Other Social Media: Check if the issue is exclusive to Facebook or if it also affects the display of links on other social media platforms like Twitter or LinkedIn. This can help narrow down the problem.
I hope these suggestions help resolve the issue with your Facebook link sharing. If the problem persists, you might want to consult with a web developer or digital marketing expert for a more in-depth analysis.
Facebook image not showing when sharing URLs
Posted In: Facebook help forum
Viewing 1 reply thread